He prunes

|

Wednesday, April 28, 2010


Pruning does hurt eh? But I guess that's just part of our life. Him, trying to make us more and more fruitful, more and more like Him. Most of the time, it ain't easy. It hurts a lot, bringing out our worst side, bringing out the worst in us. But at the end of the day, after all the molding and making, cutting and mending, we would grow. Grow to be more fruitful, grow to be more and more like Him so that we might be able to glorify Him and honour Him in everything that He does. I guess this time, He's just and still, trying to implant more and more patience in me. I can't deny that I don't have much patience at times, which is I guess, most of the time. But referring to what He has said, "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." John 15:1-2, I guess I'll just have to pass the test, or not it'll not move on =) for there is no 'fail' here.

I still remember our D-Teams had a discussion once, something to do with pruning and things like that. One of the things that I clearly remember is that, even though pruning hurts, but its for our good. Its for us to be more and more like Him =)

'Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's fault because of your love.' - Ephesians 4:2

0 comments:

Post a Comment